We want all our new patients to experience a thorough evaluation. The mouth is the window into the health of the body and there is a shared relationship between oral health and overall wellness. After completing your online forms, we will do a complete review of your dental and medical history discussing any concerns, fears, or questions you may have. Understanding these needs and overall health is of utmost importance to us as we deliver your dental care.
Your complete examination will include assessing each tooth, a periodontal assessment, an oral cancer screening, a TMJ evaluation and a smile assessment. Any necessary radiographs, photographs and models will complete the evaluation.
Our mission is to help you keep all your teeth for your lifetime. We want to provide the best possible care in a caring comfortable environment. We want your mouth to be comfortable, functional, healthy, and aesthetically pleasing and easy to care for with good home care and preventive visits. We will educate you on our findings and encourage you to ask questions along the way. After the doctor has evaluated your records, we will discuss any follow up treatment with you in detail. Together we will create a plan that will achieve your dental goals. This plan will be in detail – explaining time, materials, and cost.
Are You in Need of Excellent Dental Care?
You can trust Callahan Dental for your general, restorative, and cosmetic dentistry needs, as well as advanced dental treatments.
What to Expect at Your First Recare Appointment
Our dental recall appointments are about an hour-long, and new patient visits may last longer. We take pride in getting to know each of our patients, tailoring treatments to the health needs and goals of every individual. Here’s what to expect the first time you come to our office:
- Dental History—The doctor or hygienist will gather your dental and medical histories so that we have a clear picture of your current health, including any medical conditions that can impact dental treatment.
- Digital X-rays—We take digital X-rays as a diagnostic tool during your comprehensive exam to evaluate dental caries and any pathology. If you have had x-rays taken, please have them sent to our office.
- Oral Cancer Screening and Teeth Exams—We perform an oral cancer/lesion screening for signs of cancer and other illnesses, such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. We examine each tooth for decay or disease.
- Gum Evaluation—The hygienist or doctor will evaluate your gums by probing around each tooth. We will also evaluate recession, bleeding, and mobility.
- Oral Hygiene Habits—We will review your homecare, give recommendations, and educate you on the productions and tools.
Regular Appointments are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile
Our preventive appointments are by appointment and are 40 – 60 minutes in length. We value your time and make every effort to be on time. If you are unable to make your appointment please notify us immediately. We require 48 hours notice on cancellations. Please bring your dental and medical insurance card as well as your picture id to this visit.